Monday, October 20, 2014

His Hand is Stretched out Still


Okay, here's a warning to everyone; this post is going to be completely religious, so I apologize if you are not a religious person. My intention is not to offend you, only to share my beliefs because of how happy they have made me.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I found something that I absolutely loved when I was reading the Book of Mormon, our religion's book of scripture. There are a few passages of Isaiah quoted, and it was interesting to me that although God was disappointed with the unrighteous, he still loved them. 2 Nephi 20:10 reads, "For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still" (Isaiah 10:4). I love the fact that God and Jesus Christ are always there to accept us back, no matter how many things we have done wrong.

There is a video I absolutely love about the Atonement called Even When You're Broken It touches me and makes me cry every time I watch it because of how powerful it is. Jesus Christ is always reaching out, comforting us and helping us back to him. We just have to reach out and take his outstretched hand.

I have a testimony of the Savior's atoning love for us. I know that he suffered for our sins, pains, sorrows, fears, weaknesses, and infirmities so that we can be made whole. Whole, as in everything about us will be made perfect and pure! That is such an incredible promise! I believe in and love Christ with all my heart. He is my older brother.

If any of you would ever like to know more about my religion, please let me know! I would love to share with you the thing that has changed my life and brought me so much joy!

-Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment