Saturday, October 11, 2014

Laughter: The Best Medicine


Wouldn't it be great if there was a magic, cure-all pill? This pill would not only heal the physical body from pain and disease, but it would also remedy emotional pain and depression. I just have to say, if I could market a pill like this I wouldn't be short on money for the rest of my life.

While there isn't a cure-all solution for every bad day or difficult experience that crosses our path, there are ways to overcome such stress. One of the best ways to improve your attitude is laughter. According to HelpGuide.org, laughter has both physical and emotional benefits. It protects your heart and improves your immune system while releasing endorphins that improve your mood. In a certain sense, laughter is a kind of medicine!

One of the best ways to bring laughter into your life is to surround yourself with happy people that have a good sense of humor. Also, when you're having a bad day, watch something that makes you laugh. I have a Pinterest board full of all my favorite jokes and memes. Watching a funny show or video gets you laughing and takes your mind off whatever caused your bad day in the first place.

Here are a couple of gems that have never ceased to make my laugh. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Hilarious

And I shall bathe in the blood of my enemies.  Hahahahaha

I found this WAY too funny

Can't. Stop. Laughing.


I also absolutely LOVE this video of a laughing baby. It always makes me smile.

So the next time you find yourself in a bad mood, try for a few laughs.

-Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment